In this episode of Remarkable, I have a conversation with Jared Easley, a navy veteran, experienced podcaster, author, and co-founder of the world’s largest international podcasting conference.
Jared is an entrepreneur, salesman, and networker, or rather, a connector, who is known for his generosity and willingness to go out of his way to help others.
He’s the author of “Podcasting Good to Great” and co-author of “Stop Chasing Influencers”. He’s co-founder of the Academy of Podcasters Awards and the Podcast Movement Conference, and he’s the host of Starve the Doubts and one of the most generous people I know.
In this episode, Jared and I discuss:
- Why going after big names might not be the best idea
- The downside of a great launch
- One big reason you shouldn’t worry about your download numbers
- Creative ways to get more people to discover you
- How to use live events to grow your show
- Methods you can use to monetize your podcast
- Why you’ll build a bigger audience by being genuine
- Why lesser known people make better guests
- How podcasting has been an incubator for other projects
- The history of the Podcast Movement
- How to get sponsors through partnerships
- The impact of podcasting on business success
Listen to my interview with Jared Easley below:
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Podcast Movement (Discount Code: launch)
- Starve the Doubts
- Aisha Tyler
- Angie Across America
- Jared’s interview with Angeline Tan
- Jared’s interview with Ijeona Eleazu
- Jared’s interview with Jeff Moody
- Jared’s interview with Melissa Thomas
- Podcasting Good to Great: How to Grow Your Audience Through Collaboration
- Stop Chasing Influencers
- Jody Mayberry
- Donald Kelly’s The Sales Evangelist
- Crowdfund Genius
- Providence Church Podcast
- Criminal with Phoebe Judge
- The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe
- Tim Ferriss’s interview with Mike Rowe
- Beautiful Stories from Anonymous People with Chris Gethard
- Dave Mooring’s interview with Glenn the Geek
- Niel Guilarte
Read or download the full transcript of this episode: Jared Easley on Growing Your Podcast Through Generosity and Collaboration.
Thanks For Tuning In!
Hey, thanks so much for stopping by and for listening! How’d you enjoy the show?
I’d love to hear your feedback. You can leave me a comment below!
If you enjoyed this episode and think you know someone else who’ll enjoy it, please share it – I’ve made it easy, just click on your favorite social media button and spread the word.
Also, just like on Amazon, user reviews let people know if the show is worth listening to or not. So if you don’t mind, head over to iTunes and leave me an honest review. I would greatly appreciate it and I do take time to read each one!
And while you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to the show so you’ll get automatic updates when I release future episodes.
That’s all for now, go be Remarkable!