This Is Remarkable
Welcome to Remarkable, a marketing podcast for podcasters who aren’t marketers.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to interview you for the Remarkable podcast and share your story and expertise with my audience. I greatly value your time and insight!
About The Interview
What makes a podcast remarkable? What does it take to stand out, get noticed, and build a committed audience of listeners and fans?
I’m looking for individuals, who have had success in podcasting or who have expertise and experience in building successful brands, tribes, or communities.
I want to find out what works. And what doesn’t.
What “super simple” strategies or tactics can be used to create something remarkable and build a thriving audience? What’s the best way to stand out and get noticed?
The interview will be conducted via Skype unless otherwise stated or arranged. I don’t have a strict time limit for each episode. I allow for an hour and fifteen minutes, but often go a little over, especially if the conversation is flowing. I’ll ask you ahead of time if you have a hard stop, and will do my best to help us wrap up by that time.
Note: My goal is to produce a great show that makes us both look good and add value to our audience. If I believe the interview will fall short of those goals, I may choose not to publish the interview or I may request a redo.
I’ve asked you to join me for an interview because I believe that you have a great deal of experience with podcasting and/or marketing, a unique perspective, and a wealth of knowledge and experience that you can pull from.
I am also interested in learning more about how you got to where you are, how you got into podcasting/marketing/writing/art, what twists and turns you encountered along the way, and what are some of the biggest lessons you’ve learned.
I’m looking for your opinion on what makes a body of work remarkable, and how others can learn from that to create their own body of work.
I’d like to get your thoughts on what works, what doesn’t work, misconceptions, little known facts, game changers, and how we can apply the 80/20 rule to keep from wasting time, money, and resources.
About the Podcast
Remarkable with Dave Mooring is a podcast devoted to helping individuals who are passionate about podcasting but who know very little about marketing. The podcast was created to help them discover what makes podcasts remarkable and successful, and what is required to market a podcast and build a thriving audience.
The format consists of interviews with podcasters, experts, and marketers, and in the future will also include educational monologues and occasional behind-the-scenes episodes.
All SuperSimpl content is “Safe For Work” and family-friendly. But don’t worry if you slip, we’ll edit.
SuperSimpl is the platform I use to teach marketing to people who are great at something other than marketing: solopreneurs, artists, and experts.
SuperSimpl includes classes, workshops, training, and public speaking, as well as a blog, eBooks, tutorials, and online courses. All of which are designed to be practical, easy-to-use, and effective for people who are responsible for marketing what they do, but who are not professionally trained marketers.
The following is a list of sample questions for the podcast interview. I will not ask questions verbatim, and I may add/subtract/modify questions in order to get the best interview possible.
I encourage you to share stories, case studies, examples, and anecdotes rather than short, concise answers. I’d rather have a great conversation full of stories and tidbits of information than a simple Q&A style interview.
- What is your podcast (or business) and when did you start? Why is it unique or remarkable?
- How did you get into podcasting (or your line of work)? When did you first start listening? Types of shows?
- Did you have a purpose or goal in mind initially? If so, what was the goal?
- What’s been your biggest hurdles or obstacles?
- How have you marketed it? What’s worked? What mistakes have you made?
- Do you have a dedicated audience? If so, how did that come about?
- What’s your experience with marketing? How has that impacted your podcast or business?
- What are your favorite podcast episode(s)? Most popular? Hardest? Interesting stories?
- What are your favorite podcasts? What’s the most remarkable podcast you listen to?
- Any recommendations for beginning podcasters or solopreneurs? Any tools, services, books, or blogs?
- Do you have any big plans, events, activities, or new episodes/shows coming up? Speaking engagements, books, courses, etc. Anything we can help promote?
- Where can people learn more about you or get in touch?
By participating in the Remarkable podcast interview, you agree to allow BurlapSky, Inc., dba SuperSimpl (David Mooring), to record, edit, distribute, and disseminate the podcast in any manner. You also agree to allow BurlapSky, Inc., dba SuperSimpl (David Mooring), to retain rights to the produced media for potential future use in speeches, books, and in all other public distribution.
NOTE: If you have not yet scheduled your interview, you can do so here.