In this episode of Remarkable, I had the chance to talk with Jon Nastor, a successful entrepreneur turned podcaster who has made podcasting a full time job since stumbling into it less than two years ago.
Jon is host of the podcast, Hack the Entrepreneur, author of the best-selling book, Hack the Entrepreneur: How to Stop Procrastinating, Build a Business, and Do Work That Matters, co-host of the Showrunner podcast, and co-author of The Showrunner Podcasting Course.
In this episode, Jon and I discuss:
- One big thing you can do to create raving fans that tell others about you
- The most unusual thing he’s done that’s been the foundation of his podcasting success
- How to structure initial deals for sponsorships
- How to respond to the question ‘how many downloads do you have?’ when you don’t have big numbers
- What mistake he made that destroyed his listenership and download numbers (temporarily), and how to avoid the same mistake
- How to cold-email guests – what to write and what not to write
- How to genuinely connect with your audience
- The selfish reason he started a podcast in the first place
- Why he’s using a microphone that Pat Flynn gave his nine year old daughter
Listen to my interview with Jon Nastor below:
Links and Resources Mentioned:
The following list of the links, podcasts, and resources mentioned in this episode of Remarkable.
- Hack the Entrepreneur with Jon Nastor
- Tropical Think Tank with Chris Ducker
- Meron Bareket
- John Lee Dumas
- Jerod Morris
- Patrick McKenzie
- Brian Clark
- Johnny B. Truant
- Ryan Dice
- Elon Musk
- Gary Vaynerchuck
- The Showrunner Podcasting Course
- Dame Stephanie Shirley
- Dame Stephanie Shirley on TED
- Dane Maxwell
- Between Two Worlds with Sadie Nastor
- A Dream Inside a Dream with Sadie Nastor
- Question of the Day with Stephen Dubner and James Altucher
- Jon’s Book: Hack the Entrepreneur: How to Stop Procrastinating, Build a Business, and Do Work That Matters
Read or download the full transcript of this episode: How to Create Raving Fans and Podcast Evangelists with Jon Nastor
Thanks For Tuning In!
Hey, thanks so much for stopping by and for listening! How’d you enjoy the show?
I’d love to hear your feedback. You can leave me a comment below!
If you enjoyed this episode and think you know someone else who’ll enjoy it, please share it – I’ve made it easy, just click on your favorite social media button and spread the word.
Also, just like on Amazon, user reviews let people know if the show is worth listening to or not. So if you don’t mind, head over to iTunes and leave me an honest review. I would greatly appreciate it and I do take time to read each one!
And while you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to the show so you’ll get automatic updates when I release future episodes.
That’s all for now, go be Remarkable!