In this episode of Remarkable, I feature me, your host and teacher. That’s right, I decided that maybe it’s time you learn a little bit more about your host. And the ‘why’ behind the the Remarkable podcast.
So, I invited my buddy Jay, who I interviewed in Episode 8, to interview me. A little flip mode if you will.
You’ll learn about my background and how I got into podcasting in the first place. And I share what kept me from launching the show sooner, how I decided to podcast about podcasting, and where the name came from.
I hope you enjoy it.
In this episode, Jay and I discuss:
- My background and how I got into podcasting
- How my frustration with umbrellas lead to a professional breakthrough
- The impact of working with big brands like NBC Universal and Citysearch
- Why I decided to get into podcasting
- Why it took me a year to launch the Remarkable podcast
- How I picked my topic and audience
- The importance of starting with why
- Why being remarkable is critical to success
- The importance of networking, conferences, and teaming up with experts
Listen to Jay’s interview with me, Dave Mooring, below:
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Podcast Marketing Facebook group
- Lumina Game
- Elegant Themes
- Woo Themes
- Studio Press
- Thesis Theme
- Tim Ferriss
- 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- Rainmaker Platform (affiliate)
- Dave’s interview with Jerod Morris
- Podcast Movement Conference
- Glenn the Geek on Remarkable
- Julio Gonzalez
- Seth Godin
- Email: dave [at] supersimpl [dot] com
Read or download the full transcript of this episode: Dave Mooring on Starting With Why: The Story Behind the Remarkable Podcast.
Thanks For Tuning In!
Hey, thanks so much for stopping by and for listening! How’d you enjoy the show?
I’d love to hear your feedback. You can leave me a comment below!
If you enjoyed this episode and think you know someone else who’ll enjoy it, please share it – I’ve made it easy, just click on your favorite social media button and spread the word.
Also, just like on Amazon, user reviews let people know if the show is worth listening to or not. So if you don’t mind, head over to iTunes and leave me an honest review. I would greatly appreciate it and I do take time to read each one!
And while you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to the show so you’ll get automatic updates when I release future episodes.
That’s all for now, go be Remarkable!