In this episode of Remarkable, I have a conversation with Glenn the Geek, a veteran podcaster who has been podcasting for more than 8 years. He runs a niche podcast network, Horse Radio Network (HRN), that includes 8 shows with 20 different hosts, and they’ve produced over 4,300 episodes.
HRN has an estimated 130,000 listeners in over 92 countries, which has helped them secure more than 30 sponsors per month. He has a wealth of knowledge in the podcasting space and has spoken at numerous conferences about podcasting and advertising.
In this episode, Glenn and I discuss:
- How to sell ads and find sponsors regardless of your download numbers
- What types of ads you should offer potential sponsors
- Which ads sell the best
- How much you should charge for ads
- The biggest mistake you can make to damage your sponsor relationships
- His #1 key to creating a remarkable podcast
- Why he disagrees with popular advice on podcasting and why you should, too
- How to find a great niche and understand what your audience wants
- Where to find your audience and the importance of how they consume content
- His tried-and-true criteria for finding a great host or co-host for your show
- How to structure a podcast network
Listen to my interview with Glenn the Geek below:
Links and Resources Mentioned:
The following list of the links, podcasts, and resources mentioned in this episode of Remarkable.
- Leo Laporte
- Horse Radio Network
- Stable Scoop Radio Show
- The Brewing Network
- Horses in the Morning
- Bob and Sheri
- Driving Radio Show
- Jamie Jennings
- American Driving Society
- School of Podcasting with Dave Jackson
- Podcast Movement
- Daily Tech News with Tom Merritt
- Biz Women Rock with Katie Krimitsos
- Rotten Tomatoes
- Story Jam Theater with Chris Krimitsos
- Podcasters Hangout Facebook Page
Read or download the full transcript of this episode: How to Break All the Rules and Make Money Podcasting
Thanks For Tuning In!
Hey, thanks so much for stopping by and for listening! How’d you enjoy the show?
I’d love to hear your feedback. You can leave me a comment below!
If you enjoyed this episode and think you know someone else who’ll enjoy it, please share it – I’ve made it easy, just click on your favorite social media button and spread the word.
Also, just like on Amazon, user reviews let people know if the show is worth listening to or not. So if you don’t mind, head over to iTunes and leave me an honest review. I would greatly appreciate it and I do take time to read each one!
And while you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to the show so you’ll get automatic updates when I release future episodes.
That’s all for now, go be Remarkable!