In this episode of Remarkable, I have a conversation with Janet Kennedy, a radio host turned marketer, who came full circle two years ago when she landed behind a microphone to launch a podcast on social media and healthcare.
She’s had an extensive career in marketing, and in this episode, we talk in detail about social media and digital marketing, and she shares some great tips on how to utilize Twitter to promote and grow your podcast.
Janet and I both hail from the Triangle region of North Carolina, which includes Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, and she serves with fellow podcaster, Charles Gupton, and me as organizers of the North Carolina Podcasting Meetup.
She’s the founder of the Get Social Health Academy, and host of the Get Social Health podcast, where she just recently published episode number 100.
In this episode, Janet and I discuss:
- How to utilize Twitter to promote and grow your podcast
- Practical tips for increasing engagement and maximizing exposure on twitter
- How to build relationships with guests after they’ve been on your show
- What a tweet chat is and how to use it
- How and why Blab may be a great opportunity to build your network and audience
- How to quickly find and curate great content to share with your audience
- The importance of connecting with influencers
- The prep work you should do before ever launching a podcast
- Why niching down is important for your podcast
- Using your voice to share stories that matter
- Finding a unique angle that supports your brand
Listen to my interview with Janet Kennedy below:
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Get Social Health with Janet Kennedy
- Get Social Health Academy
- Janet on Twitter
- Triangle Interactive Marketing Association
- Meredith Gould on Get Social Health
- Mike Sevilla on Get Social Health
- Healthcare Hashtag Project on Symplur
- The Pharmacy Podcast
- The Intrepid Now Healthcare Podcast
- The Health IT Marketer Podcast
- North Carolina Podcasting Meetup
- Podcasters Paradise
- Social Media Examiner
- Stuff You Missed in History Class with Tracy Wilson and Holly Frey
- Saw Bones with Sydney and Justin McElroy
- Ask Pat with Pat Flynn
- The Fizzle Show
- Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
Read or download the full transcript of this episode: Janet Kennedy on Getting Social to Find Your Audience.
Thanks for Tuning In!
Hey, thanks so much for stopping by and for listening! How’d you enjoy the show?
I’d love to hear your feedback. You can leave me a comment below!
If you enjoyed this episode and think you know someone else who’ll enjoy it, please share it – I’ve made it easy, just click on your favorite social media button and spread the word.
Also, just like on Amazon, user reviews let people know if the show is worth listening to or not. So if you don’t mind, head over to iTunes and leave me an honest review. I would greatly appreciate it and I do take time to read each one!
And while you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to the show so you’ll get automatic updates when I release future episodes.
That’s all for now, go be Remarkable!