In this week’s episode, I’m excited to share a lengthy discussion I had with Keith Arem, a professional musician, film director, published author, and talent director.
Keith is best known known for his work in sound and audio, and his list of clients includes Activision, Ubisoft, Sony, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Fox, and Disney.
He has recorded and produced over 600 commercial releases, including each of the following video game series: Call of Duty, Saints Row, Ghost Recon, Spiderman, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Persona, Rainbow Six, and Titanfall.
Keith is the Founder and President of PCB Productions, founding member of the band Contagion, author of three highly successful graphic novels (Ascend, Infex, and Dead Speed), and Director of the recent feature film, The Phoenix Incident.
In this episode, Keith and I discuss:
- What it takes to make a name for yourself as an artist and creative
- How to put together a great team for your creative project
- The 3 elements of a strong team
- The key components needed when producing a drama or story-based show
- How to find great voice talent
- How to build an audience early and quickly
- How to break through the noise and get noticed
- Why you should create the technology your product needs
- What happens when you focus on projects that bring you inspiration
- How to go about making connections by doing what you already love
- What it means to break out of the box and make magic
- How using social media creatively is a game changer
- How you can create the platform you need to get your content out
- How the viral element of creativity is just as important as the creativity
Listen to my interview with Keith Arem below:
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- PCB Productions
- Serial Podcast
- Ascend by Keith Arem
- Infex by Keith Arem
- Dead Speed by Keith Arem
- Frost Road by Keith Arem
- Keith on Twitter
- Keith on Facebook
- Keith on Instagram
- PCB Productions on Twitter
- PCB Productions on Facebook
- PCB Productions on Instagram
- Phoenix Incident on Twitter
- Phoenix Incident on Facebook
- Maricopa Missing
- KWBV News
- American Crimes
Read or download the full transcript of this episode: Keith Arem on How to Break Through the Noise with Technology and Creativity.
Thanks for Tuning In!
Hey, thanks so much for stopping by and for listening! How’d you enjoy the show?
I’d love to hear your feedback. You can leave me a comment below!
If you enjoyed this episode and think you know someone else who’ll enjoy it, please share it – I’ve made it easy, just click on your favorite social media button and spread the word.
Also, just like on Amazon, user reviews let people know if the show is worth listening to or not. So if you don’t mind, head over to iTunes and leave me an honest review. I would greatly appreciate it and I do take time to read each one!
And while you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to the show so you’ll get automatic updates when I release future episodes.
That’s all for now, go be Remarkable!