In this episode of Remarkable, I have a conversation with Nick Loper, a podcaster and blogger who left his full-time job at a large corporation to focus on his side hustle in 2008, and hasn’t looked back since.
He’s built websites, written books, traveled the world, coached entrepreneurs, and interviewed over 175 entrepreneurs and creatives for his podcast. His goal is to help others build something they care about, while generating income outside of the 9 to 5 and moving closer to financial freedom and security.
Nick has been to 24 countries on 6 continents, developed 8 income streams while working from home, and amassed a large, dedicated following of entrepreneurs.
Nick is the founder of SideHustleNation.com and the host of The Side Hustle Show.
- How to pick a niche for your podcast or business
- The two factors required to make money from sponsors
- Why podcasting is like a blog when it comes to monetization
- A sure-fire way to turn listeners into subscribers
- Ideas for giveaways related to your podcast episodes
- How to use giveaways to increase comments and drive engagement
- How to get YouTube traffic for your podcast (how he got 40,000 additional listeners from YouTube)
- The one social media channel that’s blowing up and driving massive amounts of traffic
- The impact of his Facebook group on building a loyal, connected audience
- Common knowledge that is often wrong when it comes to booking guests
- How to go about finding and securing great guest
- How to earn money without sponsors
- What need your podcast must fulfill if you want to succeed
Listen to my interview with Nick Loper below:
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Side Hustle Show
- Side Hustle Nation
- Nick Loper on Twitter
- FinCon Expo
- John Lee Dumas
- The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life by Jeff Olson
- Scott’s Top Udemy Tips
- Lead Pages
- How Did You Get Into That? with Grant Baldwin
- Stephen Key on Side Hustle Nation
- How to Drive Massive Traffic with Pinterest – Rosemarie Groen on The Side Hustle Show
- Doubt the Doubts with Paul Blais
- Fast Track from Carey Green
- Topical MBA Podcast
- Bryan Orr on Remarkable with Dave Mooring
- Tim Ferriss
- Jason Zook on Side Hustle Nation
- Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn
- Side Hustle Nation Ideas
Read or download the full transcript of this episode: Nick Loper on How to Grow Your Podcast Audience and Boost Engagement.
And be sure to download Nick’s top tips on growing your podcast and boosting engagement.
Thanks for Tuning In!
Hey, thanks so much for stopping by and for listening! How’d you enjoy the show?
I’d love to hear your feedback. You can leave me a comment below!
If you enjoyed this episode and think you know someone else who’ll enjoy it, please share it – I’ve made it easy, just click on your favorite social media button and spread the word.
Also, just like on Amazon, user reviews let people know if the show is worth listening to or not. So if you don’t mind, head over to iTunes and leave me an honest review. I would greatly appreciate it and I do take time to read each one!
And while you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to the show so you’ll get automatic updates when I release future episodes.
That’s all for now, go be Remarkable!